Molly Barry - Kardella, VIC
The highlights of my riding career (so far!) have been winning the Melbourne International Three Day Event CCIJ* and Best Performed Off the Track Thoroughbred with La Muso, as well as successfully completing the Australian International 3DE CCI2* and winning the Lakes and Craters CCI***.
I am a registered NCAS Level One coach and Racing Victoria recognised Racehorse Re-trainer. I also own and run my own business: Off The Track Eventing.
- The first time I ever rode a horse was when…
I was lucky enough to be born into a horsey life, I rode for the first time when I was 18 months old. I had a little buckskin Shetland pony called Ruby, and did my first ODE when I was 3 or 4, mostly on the lead rein I am told!
- Other occupation or study outside of riding?
Yes, I am studying a Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, and hope to be able to have an enjoyable career as a Doctor that funds my very public addiction to horses! I am unsure of my specialty interests at this point, but am considering Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Psychiatry or even Paediatrics. I get bored easily so I think I will enjoy a field with different patients and presenting complains.
- If I never became a horse rider, I would probably…
Be very bored, or another kind of athlete! Animals keep life fulfilling.
- The biggest achievement of my career so far is…
- Winning the Caitlyn Fischer Memorial award for the highest placed Young Rider at Melbourne International 3DE in the 3*L class ties with my MER at Lakes & Craters 3DE CCI*** in 2019.
- A fun fact about me is that…
I love thoroughbred's so much that I adopted the thoroughbred equivalent of a dog - a greyhound called Betty.